Sunday, September 27, 2009

How can I keep my hair moisturized dring winter?






Winter is unfortunately right around the corner. For me, winter is the worst time for my hair. My hair becomes extremely dry, and my ends seem to break easily. So I thought I would research some ways to keep hair moisturized. I found a website by the name of eHow. It gives you five different ways to keep hair healthy during the cold season. I'm just going to talk about the ideas I think would work the best. Getting a trim in mid-autumn is a very good tip. They explain that getting all the summer damage off is a good start to keeping hair healthy. Just think of all the damage sun can do to hair. The next step is to use a heat protector before you use any heat source on hair. A cheap heat protector can be purchased at any drug store. I found a cheap product at Walgreen's for just $5.99. This can really help hair from staying dry, and breakable. The idea of leave-in conditioner is amazing. I’ve been using leave-in conditioner for a while, and trust me it works wonders. It keeps my hair from frizzing and becoming dry. Apply it after getting out of the shower, but make sure just to use a small amount. It can cause hair to become greasy if too much is applied. Hopefully these tips will help hair from becoming dry and damaged.




Picture by: Cozy Wallet



6 comments:

  1. This is really good, you have so much information. I like how you have all the links to look at the products and tips. I might have to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have connectors to other sites that can help with this hair issue. I'll have to look those sites up because my hair is terrible in the winter! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See if you can do anything with this:

    http://thisibelieve.org/essay/7710/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you added so many links. I don't use a heat protectant when I dry or straighten my hair. Maybe I will consider going to buy one, since I now know they can be very cheap! Well, during winter, a lot of hair types act differently. Could you research hair types and more specific tips for the changing temp?
    Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carly, I think by stating you found 5 different tricks you should share all of them with us not just 3. You got me hooked, but maybe you could sum up your research more accurately with the last sentence. I like how you stated prices for the heat protector as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carly, I know I already commented you.. but this week we are supposed to write about a comment from someone. I came across this site on my internet homepage and thought of you! :)
    It's all about a plastic surgery pagent and looks pretty interesting.

    http://news.aol.com/article/hungary-crowns-miss-plastic-in-plastic/711967?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fhungary-crowns-miss-plastic-in-plastic%2F711967

    ReplyDelete