Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Trafficking in women plagues the United States as much as it does underdeveloped nations."

Trafficking Women in the United States is actually happening? When I started this paper I thought I would be talking about Europe mostly. That's the only location I knew was having these types of issues. Then when I found out it was happening here I was in complete shock. On the CATW (Coalition Against Trafficking in Women) website they say that women that are trafficked in America are forced to sleep with 400-500 men to pay of debt to live here. Just think how it could danger these women, like sexually transmitted diseases. So far Bill Clinton met with Romano Prodi (Italian Prime Minister), and together made a group to deal with these problems. Is that enough though? In my opinion there needs be a bill passed on Trafficking Women and Prostitution. On this website they also talk about Mail Order Brides, and the regulations the gov't has passed. When it comes to this topic it makes me sick. It is not even close to as bad as Trafficking Women, but it is something else that should be checked into. I think it is just a way for women to get into the United States. That is just my opinion though.

This week we decided what regions we wanted to cover in our paper. Which are the United States, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. So hopefully the next blog will be about a different region then the United States.
bye :)

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I started researching our topic! I had no idea it happened in the US! Good job. Don't forget your swimsuit tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I really like your groups presentation of your paper last week. i cant wait to read the final draft.

    ReplyDelete